GRE Help

Started by clos
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

clos

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys

Can you guys give any suggestions on how to study for the GRE?? I work full time and work a part time job twice a week for a couple of hours. I don't work weekends. How do you guys do it with a full schedule???

I have not taken a practice exam yet which I will do before my summer class starts. I have taken the LSAT before and didn't do too bad but I learned from the experience. I burned out from too much studying. did it for about a year NO JOKE! I was unemployed at the time.🙁

What I did learn is to take as many practice exams as possible almost on a weekly basis and fix the weaknesses.

What are good materials to help?? I know that the math will not be strong.

any thing will help.
 
I just used Princeton Review books + practice tests.

Now I think the GRE is a little different than when I took it but if the math section is anything like when I took it, it will be mostly about speed and critical thinking rather than anything complex (and no calculators). You just need to do timed practice problems. Drawing diagrams can be a tremendous help for more involved problems such as ones involving clock hands and other such ridiculousness.

Why are you studying for the GRE, by the way?
 
The non-trad forum is primarily for medical school applicants. You're much better off asking this in a forum for the graduate degree program you're seeking.