Happy 4/20

Started by Cloud 9
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

2225.jpg



:laugh:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My first rotation is making me do a hair test, good thing I'm not "celebrating" and haven't been for years.
 
I'll admit to it. Waked and baked. Took a short break from work at 2 PM to roll one up and blunt cruise back. Came back from work at 6 and rolled another one up with friends. Now I'm leaving in a couple of minutes to celebrate with one of my chemistry major friends. 😀 May as well it enjoy it now before pharmacy school starts kicking my butt.

OK I;ll shut up now. Discussing this is against the ToS. 😱
 

Are you confused what a hair test is? Or why are they making me do one?

A hair test is when they test your hair for drugs. It can detect up to 90 days of drug use.

As to why, I guess because it's one of the 10 largest pharmaceutical companies, and it has money to do so.
 
Are you confused what a hair test is? Or why are they making me do one?

A hair test is when they test your hair for drugs. It can detect up to 90 days of drug use.

As to why, I guess because it's one of the 10 largest pharmaceutical companies, and it has money to do so.

It just sounds odd because I've never heard of it, and I didn't know they would pick your hair to test instead of everything else.
 
You guys are making me want to go to Taco Bell. But I need to sleep and wake up on time for classes tomorrow.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You know that alcohol is a drug right?

Everything is a drug. Mouthwash, toothpaste, coffee, anything you take into your body and affects your body can be classified as a drug. Usually when someone says they don't take drugs, their meanings is understood.

@deleno - Me neither. I was good boy growing up and bought into the whole just say no campaign. I can't say I was ever really tempted either, other than mild curiosity.

@bob - Like others have kinda said, they pick hair because it shows a longer time-frame of drug use. Blood or urine levels are undetectable relatively quickly, and skin cells are turned over too quickly. I think you could use nail clippings, but I guess hair is easier? Not really sure. I suppose a bone sample would show an even longer time-frame, but I suppose people would complain if you tried that. :laugh:
 
Everything is a drug. Mouthwash, toothpaste, coffee, anything you take into your body and affects your body can be classified as a drug. Usually when someone says they don't take drugs, their meanings is understood.

@deleno - Me neither. I was good boy growing up and bought into the whole just say no campaign. I can't say I was ever really tempted either, other than mild curiosity.

@bob - Like others have kinda said, they pick hair because it shows a longer time-frame of drug use. Blood or urine levels are undetectable relatively quickly, and skin cells are turned over too quickly. I think you could use nail clippings, but I guess hair is easier? Not really sure. I suppose a bone sample would show an even longer time-frame, but I suppose people would complain if you tried that. :laugh:

Delano!!!!!!:meanie::laugh:
 
It just sounds odd because I've never heard of it, and I didn't know they would pick your hair to test instead of everything else.

It shows a longer history than the general pee test, but most places just do the "pee in a cup" because it's cheaper.

My personal favorite pre-employment screening was the polygraph. :scared:
 
Someone made you take a polygraph? First of all, those things have a pretty high inaccuracy rate. Second of all, what kind of draconian company made you do that?

It shows a longer history than the general pee test, but most places just do the "pee in a cup" because it's cheaper.

My personal favorite pre-employment screening was the polygraph. :scared: