Hard to improve GPA

Started by glamqueen
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

glamqueen

Full Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I have a 3.56 GPA...even with a second undergrad, it's practically impossible to raise it above a 3.65 (ok it is impossible mathmatically). Anyone else in the same boat and frustrated?

I'm aiming for at least something over a 3.6, but it's still hard, because I just have so many credits...

I'm so frustrated too, because of course the classes I have left are the hard ones...organic 1 and 2, which are nearly impossible at my institution..the second physics, gen chem 2...yikes.

I realize I still have a good shot if I kick ass on the MCAT, but that doesn't stop me from being frustrated on a daily basis.
 
So I have a 3.56 GPA...even with a second undergrad, it's practically impossible to raise it above a 3.65 (ok it is impossible mathmatically). Anyone else in the same boat and frustrated?

I'm aiming for at least something over a 3.6, but it's still hard, because I just have so many credits...

I'm so frustrated too, because of course the classes I have left are the hard ones...organic 1 and 2, which are nearly impossible at my institution..the second physics, gen chem 2...yikes.

I realize I still have a good shot if I kick ass on the MCAT, but that doesn't stop me from being frustrated on a daily basis.

I don't get it. A 3.5 and a 3.6 have pretty much the same odds. That range is pretty much the average for matriculants. A string of A's showing a nice current ability at the end is all you might want - the GPA movement won't be a big deal. As for the MCAT, shoot to do as well as you can. But bear in mind that numbers are only part of the analysis. A strong reason for "why medicine", good essays, good ECs, good LORs, and good interviewing skills will also be necessary.
 
Ok so I am being dramatic over the difference bt a 3.5 and a 3.6, which is good to hear. I know I am stressing way too much.....Thanks for your response!