You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Hardest section of the MCAT
Started by jjp1633
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
jjp1633 said:Did anyone find the hardest part of the MCAT to be writing out the pledge in cursive?
I haven't written in cursive in almost a decade, it was more of a hybrid between cursive and print.![]()
Completely agree. That was hard. Had to think about what I needed to do to write a cursive 's' again. In the end, it looked like a 3rd-grader with bad penmanship signed it. On my MCAT score report, I'm sure they'll put a note on it that says I need to start using those special-ed writing triangle-things that 7 year-olds put on their pencils to fix their writing. Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
jjp1633 said:What is the point of writing in cursive? Can anyone explain?
It's their way of making us feel like incompetent *******es right before taking the test.
LOL, yeah that was weird. Before the MCAT I can't remember the last time I wrote anything other than my signature in cursive!!
I kept wondering what they would do if I just printed. I decided not to find out!
I kept wondering what they would do if I just printed. I decided not to find out!

I actually printed it out before realizing we had to write it in cursive. Damn...will they reject my documents? One more thing to have nightmares about! 

its easier for handwriting experts to differentiate between two people's handwriting if its in cursive (so they can tell if its forged). i dont think its an issue lifetimedoc unless the valididty of your test gets called into questionjjp1633 said:What is the point of writing in cursive? Can anyone explain?
mdphdhopeful said:its easier for handwriting experts to differentiate between two people's handwriting if its in cursive (so they can tell if its forged). i dont think its an issue lifetimedoc unless the valididty of your test gets called into question
Makes since, but what do they have to compare it to, do they come to your house and go through letters you write to make sure its you? Or is it just between people that are there. Not a big deal, just curious. Nothing better to talk about until scores get posted.
LifetimeDoc said:I actually printed it out before realizing we had to write it in cursive. Damn...will they reject my documents? One more thing to have nightmares about!![]()
Now Im wondering If I wrote it in cursive or not 😱 I hate this waiting period.
No stressing! You're going to do awesome!DrVanNostran said:Now Im wondering If I wrote it in cursive or not 😱 I hate this waiting period.
The hardest section has to be the survey at the end... definitely!
jjp1633 said:Makes since, but what do they have to compare it to, do they come to your house and go through letters you write to make sure its you? Or is it just between people that are there. Not a big deal, just curious. Nothing better to talk about until scores get posted.
they look at your past writing.
Mine too. I felt so stupid since it took me so long to do it, and it still looked like a 3rd grader wrote it.jjp1633 said:Did anyone find the hardest part of the MCAT to be writing out the pledge in cursive?
I haven't written in cursive in almost a decade, it was more of a hybrid between cursive and print.![]()
Anastasis said:No stressing! You're going to do awesome!
I am going nuts lol. Besides going through every possible scenario for scores, I am not imagining getting a letter from AAMC telling me that I have to retake the August MCAT because I did not write the statement in cursive

Imagine a more realistic possibility: bubbling the wrong form letter combination 😀DrVanNostran said:I am going nuts lol. Besides going through every possible scenario for scores, I am not imagining getting a letter from AAMC telling me that I have to retake the August MCAT because I did not write the statement in cursive![]()
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
EddieIndy said:Imagine a more realistic possibility: bubbling the wrong form letter combination 😀
Or misbubbling completely

32yoPremed said:Oh the horror. THE HORROR!!!![]()
I am getting dizzy just thinking about it. 😱
Okay - I'm officially banning myself from this thread because I'm afraid being neurotic is contagious. You know you guys did great and didn't make any stupid mistakes!DrVanNostran said:I am getting dizzy just thinking about it. 😱
Anastasis said:Okay - I'm officially banning myself from this thread because I'm afraid being neurotic is contagious. You know you guys did great and didn't make any stupid mistakes!
I can't help it 
i remember my hands were shaking
If we are sweating and shaking now, possibly more than a month away from scores....we will definitely need an ambulance on hand before we hit the enter button 🙂
32yoPremed said:Eons ago when I took the SAT I just wasn't that worried about it. The wait was bearable. Now I am fixated on getting my scores from the stupid MCAT. I have never had an experience like this. Aside from performace on practice exams, I have no sense for how I did. Envisioning that moment when the scores are available and I am about to hit the enter button on the THx website... it just sends shivers down my spine.
I feel sick to my stomach thinking about that moment. I might have my husband do it for me.
DrVanNostran said:I am going nuts lol. Besides going through every possible scenario for scores, I am not imagining getting a letter from AAMC telling me that I have to retake the August MCAT because I did not write the statement in cursive![]()
While I can't say anything to make you stress less about your scores, I CAN pretty much assure you that you wrote it in cursive, or at least good-enough cursive. The guy sitting next to me printed his, and the proctors made him erase and re-write it after he handed it in (later in the day.) I think it's one of the things on the proctor checklist.
I'm thinking about bolting to Big Bend until the scores come in the mail and my dad can open it for me.oxeye said:I feel sick to my stomach thinking about that moment. I might have my husband do it for me.
jota_jota said:While I can't say anything to make you stress less about your scores, I CAN pretty much assure you that you wrote it in cursive, or at least good-enough cursive. The guy sitting next to me printed his, and the proctors made him erase and re-write it after he handed it in (later in the day.) I think it's one of the things on the proctor checklist.
That does put me at some ease BUT----my test center was really shady lol. People were taking the MCAT on stools, no lefty desks, the temp was 90 degrees, we were ALLOWED to drink stuff during the test, people had timerss on the desk, things that beeped, and the list goes on lol.
I think we had our ten minute break before she even looked at every test lol. So, hopefully as ghetto as the place was, I hope I wrote in cursive lol.
Ok I am neurotic but I emailed the AAMC and asked them about the whole cursive thing--I told them that I possibly wrote the statement and print and was pretty worried and they responded this morning:
This is not a problem, do not worry about it.
I finally feel a little bit at ease🙂
This is not a problem, do not worry about it.
I finally feel a little bit at ease🙂
In my administration (August last year) the hardest section for the girl in front of me in line to enter the classrooms was realizing that she had forgotten her admissions ticket at home, and having to frantically call and wake up her parents to bring it to her. I don't think I could do well after feeling that kind of stress right before. Good luck to all waiting for results next month! 

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Similar threads
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 2K