Harvard status :O

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Audio

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hahah

i just found out in the mail i'm on the Harvard waitlist :rolleyes: It was a very nice letter though hahah So, what are the prospects of actually coming off of this list. Are they just gonna yank my balls for the next 6 months? Anyone know how many they actually take off this list and how many are put on the list? I know last year they offered something like 43 acceptances for 35 spots but does that mean 8 came off the list, or as people turned down acceptances, they offered admissions to newly reviewed people?

I guess it's not so bad, a lot of great students have been straight rejected and many after the interview as well so I guess it's great that i'm on the list :rolleyes: haha

anyone else get any news? Hopefully it's better than mine :)

Members don't see this ad.

Audio said:
I guess it's not so bad, a lot of great students have been straight rejected and many after the interview as well so I guess it's great that i'm on the list

Keep telling yourself that...I'm sure this may not be the best news for you, but 2 of my friends were wailtisted there last year never heard back. They're at SF now, but they still are keeping their fingers crossed and saying "Once I get that acceptance, Im out of here!" :laugh:

nothen2do said:
Keep telling yourself that...I'm sure this may not be the best news for you, but 2 of my friends were wailtisted there last year never heard back. They're at SF now, but they still are keeping their fingers crossed and saying "Once I get that acceptance, Im out of here!" :laugh:

hahah, i was being sarcastic hahaha Honestly, the only reason I would take Harvard over Penn would be because of the price. And besides, I'm quite hopeful I'll end up at a Canadian school so I'll leave you Americans in peace :p

Members don't see this ad :)
nothen2do said:

hahah, i was being sarcastic hahaha Believe me, no one knows better than I do that the Harvard waitlist is a dead end. All I was saying was that I guess it's better to be waitlisted than straight rejected. And besides, I'm quite hopeful I'll end up at a Canadian school so I'll leave you Americans in peace :p

I guess I'll also be getting a waitlist/rejection letter soon since I didn't get THE phone call. :)