Hawaii?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

GellaBella

Penn Vet V'14
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So this may be a bit of a long shot but I figured I'd ask, since people on these boards often have some good insight into these things.

My fiance and I are finishing up our PhDs this summer and are applying for another round of schooling (vet for me, dental for him) this fall. Since we will have a year off we are going to pursue my fiances dream of being beach bums on a tropical island for the year.

Now obviously, I'd like to continue to be getting veterinary experience in case I don't get accepted this first time around. Has anyone heard of any veterinary-experiences, or animal related experiences that I should look into? I think something aquatic or different than dog/cat/small exotics would be cool but I'm not really going to be too picky about it. We haven't decided on an island yet so everything is a possibility. I googled and found sea life park which offers internships (unpaid) but I figured I'd open it up to you wise people.