Help! How to cancel a Blood subscription?

Started by dohgrl76
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dohgrl76

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has had any success cancelling a Blood subscription? I never read the print versions, everything is available online, and it seems so wasteful and environmentally irresponsible. I go crazy every time I get one in the mail and have to take it out of its plastic wrap (also environmentally irresponsible) and immediately throw it away.

I emailed them and they said there is no way to opt out of print subscription because they use those numbers to give to advertisers.

Seriously the angry inner dialogue that goes through my head every time one arrives will eventually kill me.
 
Unsubscribe? Who reads blood anyways..


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The way you wrote it, it sounded more like you had a problem with them sending you physical prints...

Are they still charging you?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
The way you wrote it, it sounded more like you had a problem with them sending you physical prints...

Are they still charging you?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a fellow and my program "graciously" provides membership to ASH which includes the Blood subscription. I do want to be a member, I use the ASH SAP to study sometimes on wards, and I might go to the annual meeting, but I'm staring at 5 copies that have just piled up on my dining room table and it's driving me insane.
 
I get them mailed to my office, and there's a big blue recycle bin next to the inboxes. Sorry I don't know how to opt out of hard copies. Agreed, it's wasteful but so are a lot of other things


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I could not cancel the print version before. I changed the address so I stopped getting it at home at least. It went to my secretary's office whom I instructed to get rid of them right away instead of putting them in my mail box. The environment still suffered but at least I didn't.
 
Ok, my temporary solution right now is to change my address to ASH's address in DC. I'll keep investigating options and will update if I find something helpful. This is unbelievably wasteful given that literally everyone I know just throws it away immediately.