help me on my decision plz~~

Started by tkackac
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tkackac

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got in MCPHS-worceter and Pacific University in Oregon. I know both schools offer 3 year program. Which school should i choose?
 
Oregon has a better location but the Boston school is more established...I'd pick Oregon though
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MCPHS is well established & a really nice school. I would pick MCPHS. Realize though that by posting a thread like this ALL of the responses are going to be very biased. Go where you felt the most comfortable (1st impressions count for a lot), and where you could really picture yourself as a student for the next 3 years. Best of luck in your decision... 😉
 
I'd pick Oregon, just because of the location. There's not a whole lot of difference between schools in the long run. I'd rather spend 3 years where I'd enjoy the outdoors.
 
Oregon is supposed to be a beautiful state.
I am kicking myself I didn't make it while living in the west coast!
I was told to take the train that goes all along the west.
Is beautiful where the ocean meets the big Rocks!
Oregon, pick ORGON!
Boston is cold, and you are not going to be a Lawyer anyway are you?
 
I would go with Boston. Eventhough Oregon is beautiful, there is not a lot of job opportunities after you graduate. Also, I would go with the school that is accredited. But that's just me. Good luck with your choice and congratulations! :luck:
 
marrymenatalie said:
I would go with Boston. Eventhough Oregon is beautiful, there is not a lot of job opportunities after you graduate. Also, I would go with the school that is accredited. But that's just me. Good luck with your choice and congratulations! :luck:


thanx guys.... but still... stats are 50-50? does it really matter that i should choose school with history if i want to go to pharmaceutical industry after i graduate?
 
tkackac said:
thanx guys.... but still... stats are 50-50? does it really matter that i should choose school with history if i want to go to pharmaceutical industry after i graduate?

I think so!
The pharmaceutical industry is all about Pedigree and Networking.
Also Boston has many biotechs that you may want to look at. They may have summer interships for PharmD students.
I said Oregon before I knew what you were up to.
Go to Boston and Network Network!!!
Know that the pharmaceutical industry will lock you into certain areas of the country. That is one small reason for which I got out...