Help on reading and verbal

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Prepharm0425

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Okay, so I took my first practice test on Monday and my second practice test today. Here are my scores

First test
Verbal ~45-65%
Bio 80-99%
Chemistry 80-99%
Reading ~38-58%
Quantitative ~77-97%
Composite ~77-97%

Second Test
Verbal ~36-56%
Bio ~75-95%
Chemistry 80-99%
Reading ~ 36-56%
Quantitative 80-99%
Composite ~ 75-95%

I honestly really don't know what to do with Verbal and Reading. What I don't get is how I can get 70% of the questions correct and still place so low. I don't know how or what to do with these two sections. My exam is on the 18th and its driving me crazy. I never plan on taking the PCAT again, cause this damn test has induced 10 times more stress on me than anything in my academic career. I am happy with my sciences, even though I still want to improve on them as I keep running out of time on the math section. But honestly I plan to apply to 20-30 schools so I can increase my chances of getting somewhere in case my Verbal and Reading scores are bad. What should I do as far as these two sections go? How much do Adcom care when it comes to these two sections? Lol, does anyone else feel nervous when they take the practice test.
 
Last edited:
I think you should be fine. There is nothing much you can do because it requires a life time of vocab accumulation in order to master in that section. I scored around 50% on verbal and reading but my composite was 80% which is all that matters to me.
 
I'd like to know how to better on verbal too 🙁 I did pretty well on everything else, but made like a 20% tile on verbal. I'm beginning to think I'm communicationally challenged...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think you should be fine. There is nothing much you can do because it requires a life time of vocab accumulation in order to master in that section. I scored around 50% on verbal and reading but my composite was 80% which is all that matters to me.

I sure hope so, I am afraid I might screw up one of my sciences and something and I want to make sure I do well on all sections in the practice test so that I may feel that its okay to screw up one section.

I'd like to know how to better on verbal too 🙁 I did pretty well on everything else, but made like a 20% tile on verbal. I'm beginning to think I'm communicationally challenged...

I know how you feel buddy, but I don't think this test means that you are communicationally challenged.