Help with School list!

Jack-Kennedy35

2+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2017
  1. Pre-Medical
    Hello Everyone,

I am a graduate of UC Berkeley and my gpa is 3.83 and my BCPM is a 3.74. My MCAT is a 511. I value the osteopathic philosophy and see this as aligning with my personal views. I have a deep passion for working with the underserved.

I have 680 Hours of Clinical Hours.
    I have 320 Hours of Shadowing Hours (2 specialties including Primary Care)
    I have 800 Hours of Community Service
    I have 600 Hours of Research (1 pub, 2 presentations at national/regional conferences)

So far I have Western CA, Tuoro CA. Can someone help me with my school list please? @Goro

I am considering NYITCOM, would I have a decent shot here as an OOS?

Thanks

Californiacation

Mar 26, 2020
    1. Pre-Medical
      Pretty much any DO school in the country would take you as long as you have shadowed a DO and your essays are written at least decently well. If you are aiming to stay in California then MD schools would be a little bit of a reach. California DO schools like Western and Touro are both well established schools. No reason to apply to newer DO schools like the ones in the South East region of the USA

Reactions: 1 user

Goro

10+ Year Member
      Verified Expert
      Silver Member
      Gold Member
      Jun 11, 2010
      Somewhere west of St. Louis
      1. Non-Student
        Hello Everyone,

I am a graduate of UC Berkeley and my gpa is 3.83 and my BCPM is a 3.74. My MCAT is a 511. I value the osteopathic philosophy and see this as aligning with my personal views. I have a deep passion for working with the underserved.

I have 680 Hours of Clinical Hours.
        I have 320 Hours of Shadowing Hours (2 specialties including Primary Care)
        I have 800 Hours of Community Service
        I have 600 Hours of Research (1 pub, 2 presentations at national/regional conferences)

So far I have Western CA, Tuoro CA. Can someone help me with my school list please? @Goro

I am considering NYITCOM, would I have a decent shot here as an OOS?

Thanks
        You're fine for ANY DO school!

Reactions: 1 users
        About the Ads

Jack-Kennedy35

2+ Year Member
        Jul 19, 2017
        1. Pre-Medical
          Pretty much any DO school in the country would take you as long as you have shadowed a DO and your essays are written at least decently well. If you are aiming to stay in California then MD schools would be a little bit of a reach. California DO schools like Western and Touro are both well established schools. No reason to apply to newer DO schools like the ones in the South East region of the USA
          Thanks for your kind words! Staying in CA is a pretty big deal for me to be honest and I’d be happy with western or touro! Do you have any other suggestions ?

Goro

10+ Year Member
          Verified Expert
          Silver Member
          Gold Member
          Jun 11, 2010
          Somewhere west of St. Louis
          1. Non-Student
            Thanks @Goro

I’m Looking to apply to around 6 schools total. So besides TuoroCA, Western CA do you have any personal suggestions that You would recommend?

Im not sure how OOS friendly NYITCOM is but do you think it’s worth a shot for me to apply?
            None of the private DO schools has a state bias.

For you, I recommend TOURO.CA, both Westerns, PacNW, AZCOM, TUNCOM, KCU

Reactions: 1 user
            About the Ads
            This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
            2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
            5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
            6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            7. This thread is locked.