HELP

Started by rollcall
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rollcall

New Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Someone Help!

I am an undergraduate @ a semi-competitive public school. My overall gpa is ~ 3.2, as is my science gpa; my major being chemistry. I know, I know, it's pretty low (it's my own fault). However, I have scored a 35 on the MCATs (V:13, PS:12, BS:10) this april. Would anyone out there know how strong a candidate I make for medical school entrances? Furthermore, I've been told that a 35 is pretty decent by my adivsors here at the pre-med advisory board, but, I figure the most important section on the MCATs is the biological sciences, and I only got a 10 on that section. So, are all sections equally weighed, or is a section (i.e., BS) given more importance? And if so, what's the order of importance? OK, if you're still reading and know the answers to any of my questions please let me know, it would be really helpful. Thanks.
 
You should be fine for state schools or mid-range private schools. Actually verbal is weighed heavier than the others. good luck!!!
 
Dude, chill! Take a valium and stop worrying. I had a 3.3 (3.0 science) and lower MCATs than yours, and I got into three schools. As long as you have some medical experience, and are able to hold an intelligent conversation with an interviewer, you'll be fine. I do think the medical experience was the kicker for me. I'd suggest you get some patient care under your belt if you're really that concerned about your chances! Good Luck, Mango