This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dolor et patiens

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Man with those god tier stats, just get some EC's and apply MD only.

I'd apply to DO next cycle if you fail this one. Because last thing you want to do is turn down a DO acceptance this cycle because you weren't sure, and then bam, next time they won't take you no matter what.
Otherwise you're gonna be the guy that posts "I got in X DO school. Should I go?"
And then some snarky guy's gonna post "Why did you apply to DO if you didn't want to go. Might as well give up your spot for someone who actually wants it".

My plan would be:
1. This cycle apply to 40+MD schools with whatever you have.
2. If I fail this cycle, next cycle, I would call and ask what my app problems are. Then I would do a lot more EC's. Then apply to MD and DO. (40MD + 10 DO).

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for the response! I didn't mention this, but I'm a re-applicant. I already tried to get in once and failed, but I didn't apply DO last time. At this point, I don't care what degree I get (MD or DO). Many of the folks I graduated with are about to be M4s so I just want to get my life moving somewhere professionally.

This time around, I'm applying to 40+ MD schools and looking at 5-10 DO schools to add on.

Western, Tourous, NYIT, CCOM, AZCOM, and KCU all love high MCAT scores!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What are your ECs with hours ? Where is your state of residence ? Which MD schools are you applying to ?

Western, Tourous, NYIT, CCOM, AZCOM, and KCU all love high MCAT scores!
I would probably add PCOM, DMU, UNECOM, MSUCOM, OSUCOM, OUHCOM, and WCU.

But I would see why you weren't successful last cycle, because with your stats you should've been able to get in somewhere.
I'm guessing there's some issue with ECs, writing, strategy, and/or interviewing.
Unless you're in love with the DO philosophy I wouldn't recommend apply DO this cycle.

Reapplicant trying to finalize my school list for DO schools and I've chosen a few based on location. I have high stats though (CA ORM 3.9+/520+) and mediocre ECs was wondering if there were any DO schools that particularly love high stats?
There are, but you don't need DO schools on your list.

But to answer your question, I'd say its
The coastal Touros
MSUCOM
VCOM
AZCOM
DMU
RVU

I'm hesitant to post a full WAMC or MD school list again. I did two weeks ago (of which you can see the remnants of the thread on my profile), and was promptly doxxed.

In general though, I have a research-heavy app, gap years of paid clinical experience and low volunteering. All other categories are normal. I'm a california ORM.
You can post to the ask-the-expert confidential forum with your information. I recall I also suggested your lack of EC experiences disclosed was my biggest concern. You now acknowledge this could be an issue.

We are trying to help you with your challenges. Many DO schools may be very careful when they see a high-stats applicant, though I don't know if they necessarily do "yield protection" exactly the same way that many high-volume MD schools do. Regardless, every school wants to know you have done your homework with activities that point to your maturity and preparation for a career as a physician. But not that many people with your statistics tend to submit applications to AACOMAS, and due to likely scooping by MD programs, few wind up matriculating when they get an offer.

Last edited: