How do I mention number of publications?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

turtle2019

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have 7 publications, and I am currently working on 2 more.

Should I say: "I am a co-author on 9 publications, including 2 in progress"
Or: "I am a co-author on 7 publications, and 2 more in progress"

I feel that the second one is more accurate, but the first one sounds better. Can anyone please let me know how to mention this? Thank you.
 
I have 7 publications, and I am currently working on 2 more.

Should I say: "I am a co-author on 9 publications, including 2 in progress"
Or: "I am a co-author on 7 publications, and 2 more in progress"

I feel that the second one is more accurate, but the first one sounds better. Can anyone please let me know how to mention this? Thank you.
Be accurate. You could say, "I am a co-author on 7 publications, and 2 manuscripts in preparation" (or 2 manuscripts recently submitted, or wherever they are in the pipeline).

You are citing them in a Publications space, right?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Be accurate. You could say, "I am a co-author on 7 publications, and 2 manuscripts in preparation" (or 2 manuscripts recently submitted, or wherever they are in the pipeline).

You are citing them in a Publications space, right?
Ok I will do that. I am citing them in the Publications space and including the DOI link, so they can double-check my name easily.

Also, @Catalystik can I PM you a question? Thank you.
 
Last edited:
Ok I will do that. I am citing them in the Publications space and including the DOI link, so they can double-check my name easily.

Also, @Catalystik can I PM you a question? Thank you.
Sorry, but my PM box is closed. If you want to ask a question about the AMCAS Activities section in a more private place, see the top link in my Signature below, or post it in Confidential Consult.