How effective is the Cliff'sTestPrep

Started by rjiang1
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rjiang1

Enjoy your Percocet sir!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just bought Cliffs 5 pcat practice exams....I was just wondering how effective are the exams? Also are the practice exams anything like the actual Pcat???
I'm taking the august pcat right around the corner and I'm using only the kaplan book as of right now....

If you guys have any studying advice or things I should emphasize on I would be grateful....plz respond asap

thx everyone
 
I just bought Cliffs 5 pcat practice exams....I was just wondering how effective are the exams? Also are the practice exams anything like the actual Pcat???
I'm taking the august pcat right around the corner and I'm using only the kaplan book as of right now....

If you guys have any studying advice or things I should emphasize on I would be grateful....plz respond asap

thx everyone

Holy crap! I'm in the EXACT same position....Been studying with only the Big purple Kaplan book. but my cliff notes 5 tests book is for 2007 PCATs, so i can;t really answer your question about test similarity. However, i;m gonna purchase a pearson practice test. I've heard those things are the most accurate in terms of what will be on the exam.

I think the Kaplan review book is very lacking. how about you?😳
 
Holy crap! I'm in the EXACT same position....Been studying with only the Big purple Kaplan book. but my cliff notes 5 tests book is for 2007 PCATs, so i can;t really answer your question about test similarity. However, i;m gonna purchase a pearson practice test. I've heard those things are the most accurate in terms of what will be on the exam.

I think the Kaplan review book is very lacking. how about you?😳

Kaplan isn't that helpful... The bio section isn't too bad however the ochem n the math sections could be more in depth...kaplans ochem seems like a 5th grader could do it!!!
 
Kaplan isn't that helpful... The bio section isn't too bad however the ochem n the math sections could be more in depth...kaplans ochem seems like a 5th grader could do it!!!
my point exactly. I feel like if anyone relied solely on Kaplan for Ochem and math, they might as well have taken the PCATs with a big dull purple crayon. im using my old ochem textbook for a better review. theres a lot of NAMING on the pcats is what i heard, and the kaplan book has no naming whatsoever😡
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I totally agree. I recently took the pearson practice test and can say that it definitely should give you the closest example of how the actual PCAT will be. You could also see an estimate of what score your actual PCAT could be. PURCHASE THE TESTS ASAP!!!!!
 
Ji, how are you doing the chem sections so far for Cliffs? I just did my first practice exam...i got like 10 right on analogies!! they are crazy hard!!
 
Ji, how are you doing the chem sections so far for Cliffs? I just did my first practice exam...i got like 10 right on analogies!! they are crazy hard!!


Yeah, if we have the same bok your first analogy question for test 1 should be MELLIFLUOUS😀ISCORDANT:😀ULCET: am I correct? anyways, I've heard that the analogies on cliffnotes are a tweak harder than they are on the PCAT, HOWEVER, this is NOT an indication that none of them will show up. You should always try to understand all the analogies on cliffnotes as well to increase your arsenal.

Ive only been getting like 60% of the chemistry sections on the cliffnotes exams correct. if it makes you feel any better, the chemistry section is harder on cliffnotes. BASICALLY lol EVERYTHING on cliffnotes is a bit harder to over prep u. as a general notice, the questions on cliffnotes DOES not mirror the actual PCAT questions at all
 
Yeah, if we have the same bok your first analogy question for test 1 should be MELLIFLUOUS😀ISCORDANT:😀ULCET: am I correct? anyways, I've heard that the analogies on cliffnotes are a tweak harder than they are on the PCAT, HOWEVER, this is NOT an indication that none of them will show up. You should always try to understand all the analogies on cliffnotes as well to increase your arsenal.

Ive only been getting like 60% of the chemistry sections on the cliffnotes exams correct. if it makes you feel any better, the chemistry section is harder on cliffnotes. BASICALLY lol EVERYTHING on cliffnotes is a bit harder to over prep u. as a general notice, the questions on cliffnotes DOES not mirror the actual PCAT questions at all

sounds like we both are studying with the same books
 
I'm also using the cliffnotes 5 practice tests to prepare for the PCAT. I do agree, the chemistry questions seem a lot harder than the practice pearson test I took.

I think the math is pretty good and accurate practice though. (Minus the geometry questions which are no longer relevant to the PCAT) They seem to have the same type of questions that I've seen in kaplan and the pearson practice tests.

The bio does seem a little on the easier side. And so does the reading comprehension.
 
I'm also using the cliffnotes 5 practice tests to prepare for the PCAT. I do agree, the chemistry questions seem a lot harder than the practice pearson test I took.

I think the math is pretty good and accurate practice though. (Minus the geometry questions which are no longer relevant to the PCAT) They seem to have the same type of questions that I've seen in kaplan and the pearson practice tests.

The bio does seem a little on the easier side. And so does the reading comprehension.

Yes I agree. TOO! Lol. I got like 65-72% on four of my chem subtests for cliffs. While I got like 83-85% correct items (thus giving me est. 80-99 percentile) on the pearson practice tests. These are harder! lol
 
aaagh thank God I'm not the only one who though it was ridiculously hard! I scored pretty decently on the practice PCAT from Pearson but I got like 33/50 on the chem section on Cliffs and about the same for verbal and quantitative. I also thought it was kind of weird that Cliffs asked you to know the molecular weight of some random elements and know the atomic number, for example "if Lu goes under beta radiation what element will it become?" Just seemed kind of random. I hope the actual thing is easier on Saturday. AHHHH