How is Dr. Collins reading comp. material?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Member 559246

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm thinking of retaking PCAT in Nov. and I need to stress reading comp. I've used up all my Kaplan material and have kind of memorized the passages and I've taken all three of the Pearson tests. How is Dr. Collins just for reading comp. I know this has been discussed but I'm hoping if I start a new thread there will be clearer consensus. How does the Collins reading comp passages compare to the real thing.
 
I'm thinking of retaking PCAT in Nov. and I need to stress reading comp. I've used up all my Kaplan material and have kind of memorized the passages and I've taken all three of the Pearson tests. How is Dr. Collins just for reading comp. I know this has been discussed but I'm hoping if I start a new thread there will be clearer consensus. How does the Collins reading comp passages compare to the real thing.

Collins RC is severely lacking. It is way too easy and is not reflective of what you'll see on the test. You said you have taken the pearson tests. I took them as well and thought those were 100x more reflective to what was on the pcat compared with Collins.
 
Dr. Collins RC is atrocious. I took one test and a couple of the passages were very similar to the practice PCAT RC passages. Seems as if they dumbed down the Pearson RC passages, threw in a few piss easy questions and called it a "test."

That's pretty poor, if you ask me.