You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
How long did it take you to be invited for interviews?
Started by broken down muffler
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
15 days.
Far too long
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Even if you get back like 30 responses from this thread, you won't really ever know. Too many factors come into play: how strong your stats are, when you applied, when you were complete, where you applied...you just won't know. I recommend picking up a hobby so you won't drive yourself nuts with this waiting game. 🙂
My first II was in August. I currently attend a public school I added last minute and submitted my secondary to in late October as an OOS applicant.
I interviewed at 4 places starting in September and ending in mid-March. This process can take a long time. It's better if you focus on other aspects of your life (work, volunteering, vacation, friends, family, etc) and let the cycle progress naturally.
I interviewed at 4 places starting in September and ending in mid-March. This process can take a long time. It's better if you focus on other aspects of your life (work, volunteering, vacation, friends, family, etc) and let the cycle progress naturally.
Took me 2 weeks last cycle
I didn't receive my first interview invite until December.
A little over a month.
9 days
Quickest I've gotten was 11 days.. and that's the only one thus far. This is a human process. There's so much variability in terms of your app, what the school wants, if they've even opened it yet. I, like you was hoping to have an acceptance to a school I loved by christmas, btu chances are I'll still being doing this and commenting on threads like these until April.
It's an exciting time though man just try to embrace it and apprecaite all you did to get here.
It's an exciting time though man just try to embrace it and apprecaite all you did to get here.
Quickest I've gotten was 11 days.. and that's the only one thus far. This is a human process. There's so much variability in terms of your app, what the school wants, if they've even opened it yet. I, like you was hoping to have an acceptance to a school I loved by christmas, btu chances are I'll still being doing this and commenting on threads like these until April.
It's an exciting time though man just try to embrace it and apprecaite all you did to get here.
I'm trying haha. I've graduated and I'm working full time now. Since I submitted my secondaries, I've had more time than I know what to do with haha.
Quickest was 3 days, longest was 5 months
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if the quickness of receiving an interview is indicative of the school's interest?
i.e. If it's been a month before an interview, does that mean the school is less interested in me than the student who got an interview a week after submitting their secondary?
i.e. If it's been a month before an interview, does that mean the school is less interested in me than the student who got an interview a week after submitting their secondary?
Does anyone know if the quickness of receiving an interview is indicative of the school's interest?
i.e. If it's been a month before an interview, does that mean the school is less interested in me than the student who got an interview a week after submitting their secondary?
Some schools are quicker than others. Within a school, some app readers are quicker than others, so no.
Last year I submitted primary apps in mid July and finished all my secondaries by the end of August, and I think my first interview invite came in mid September. (But it was from a school that didn't have a secondary, so they sat on my app for 2 months)
I'm following to see what people say - I'm just applying this cycle! However, I can give an update on my one experience so far: I was complete with most schools from the beginning of August (I was waiting on a letter writer) through mid/late-August. My first (and only) II came within a week of completing the secondary at one of the last schools I submitted to. I was actually expecting NO II until mid-September, but somehow getting one so soon at one school made me concerned that I wouldn't get any others at the schools where I had been complete weeks before. Hearing others say that they got IIs well into the season makes me feel a little better.
Nope. Even people who are in a school's first interview day can and will get rejected. Schools get on average 5000+ applications, so timing is really a matter of how schools review applications - first in first out, stats, etcDoes anyone know if the quickness of receiving an interview is indicative of the school's interest?
i.e. If it's been a month before an interview, does that mean the school is less interested in me than the student who got an interview a week after submitting their secondary?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 1K
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 2K