How long did it take you to complete Destroyer?

Started by tayloreve
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tayloreve

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I spaced it out to where I would finish all Destroyer sections in 11 days. I was wondering if this was spaced out too much? I know a lot of people go through destroyer 2-3 times....for those who did that, how many days did it take you?

Thanks😀
 
good question! I have 6 weeks to go. I'm starting gen chem destroyer the end of this week.

I did more than 1/2 math destroyer so far. I want to do Chad's orgo before hitting destroyer orgo, so that will be in about 2 weeks from now but I feel more confident in orgo than I do gen chem.
Lot's of work ahead!
 
I went through all of bio, GC, and OC in a week the first time around, and then half a week the next time. I'm about to go through a third time over only problems I am having difficulty with. I hope this prepares me well! I will tell you if it helped come Thursday (test day). D:
 
I went through all of bio, GC, and OC in a week the first time around, and then half a week the next time. I'm about to go through a third time over only problems I am having difficulty with. I hope this prepares me well! I will tell you if it helped come Thursday (test day). D:

Good to know. Just wanted to know if I was moving at a decent pace through Destroyer! Looking forward to your breakdown, I'm sure you will do amazing!
 
Move at whatever pace works best for you. When I did destroyer (science only, skipped the math) with only two weeks to go before the test, I spent 3 consecutive days, one for each science. These were sort of long days - I think Bio was the worst at around 12 hours - but it was enough time to get through it all and make notes/flashcards for all the concepts I didn't know. I just studied the flashcards after that, and didn't have time to revisit the questions themselves.

I just sat down with a legal pad and went through them, 30 questions at a time (60 for bio), putting a star next to any question I didn't understand, checking answers every 30 questions, and making the flashcards/notes as I went over the answers. If you break it up into chunks like this it's easier to stay motivated, and 30 questions was a small enough chunk so that any confusion I had was still fresh in my head as I was going over the answers.

Chem and O-Chem were relatively quick, although Chem had a lot of calculations that slow you down. Bio still took forever, because there are so many more questions, but I found the Bio questions took less time as well, since there weren't a lot of calculations or mechanisms to sort through. It also helped to do this in a place with very little distraction. For me, I shut off the cell phone and internet, sat myself down on the patio with a nice cold drink and dove in.