How long should I wait after my app is complete before contacting schools?

Started by physicsMD
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

physicsMD

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys,
sorry if this is on another thread, but I was just wondering if it is appropriate to contact schools that you have not heard from after 3 months.
 
I would definately. Something could be lost or have not arrived and you could miss a deadline for the school and lose all consideration. The admissions secretaries really don't have any say about who they're going to interview/accept, so as long as you aren't really rude or something, it's not going to reflect negatively upon you. If they get nasty with you, just think of that big ol secondary fee you PAID THEM to deal with this stuff.