How many LORs did you use?

Started by Surf Rx
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Surf Rx

Full Member
7+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was just curious, how many Letters of Recommendations did people use for the application process? and who were they from (e.g. professors, doctors you've shadowed, boss)?
 
I was just curious, how many Letters of Recommendations did people use for the application process? and who were they from (e.g. professors, doctors you've shadowed, boss)?

5 for some schools, 4 for others, 3 for those that asked for no more than 3. They were from professors (1 math, 1 science, 1 social science) and work supervisors (2). No MD's at all.
 
Where can I find specific info about how many LORs each school wants? I have the MSAR but I dont remember coming across this information.

thanks!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would also like to know where can i find out about the amount of LOR required for different shools?

If your school has a committee letter, is it any different? Don't they send it out as one big letter or something.
 
I had 8 but there were 2 I never even used at all.

Of the 8 (4 were science, 1 non-science which I always used, 1 research, 1 internship, 1 work)

I then mixed and matched them...and only used 2/4 of the sciences...