How much "detail" on the primary applications?

Started by MJB
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MJB

Senior Member
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When you put in work/activity/volunteer experiences, just how much detail do they expect you to put in the descriptions. For instance, I have not gotten real detailed on anything or come close to the maximum character limits...and was really not descriptive of specific job duties, etc..

Is this bad? Should I be writing a book for every entry?
 
I just put what I learned...Put whatever you think is important

MJB said:
When you put in work/activity/volunteer experiences, just how much detail do they expect you to put in the descriptions. For instance, I have not gotten real detailed on anything or come close to the maximum character limits...and was really not descriptive of specific job duties, etc..

Is this bad? Should I be writing a book for every entry?