How much time did you take for OAT prep?

Started by bkaDOC
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bkaDOC

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm looking to write my OAT sometime around August 17 which gives me ample time to get prepared.

I was just wondering how much time others spent studying for the OAT and if they felt it was enough for the them to do well?
 
From reading around on these boards, I have gathered that you can go two ways: the quick track or the long track. I only had about 3 weeks to study, so I was strategic and did my best to get the key concepts down. I don't think I would have been any better off with a few extra weeks because I would have been getting random smatterings of random trivia rather than a complete deep understanding of everything. So either go with a few weeks and be strategic, or take a couple of months and be more in-depth and thorough. If you have the time, take the time - you will do better!!! I know I could have done better if I went with the long track but I did fine with the short one.
 
I agree with the above! Your undergrad is your biggest prep heh. Otherwise 3 months with full time work (core studying) + 1 month with no work (concentrating on practice tests/timing/brushing up on selected subjects).