How Much Was Your PCAT-prep Book?

Started by Koiv72
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Koiv72

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello, this is my first thread here at SDN, as well as a chance to meet new people!

I tried using the search but couldn't find much about the topic. So how much did you buy as far for prep books? I'm looking at Kaplan and they're around $20s on paperbacks (700 pages). I'm also considering looking at my brother's Examkrackers MCAT, which he got for $100.

Are these figures right? Why is there such a huge gap between MCAT and PCAT prep books? 😱 I saw on another topic that people use MCAT books to prepare for the PCAT. Is this a good strategy?

Any response would be appreciated. Thanks!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I bought the kaplan book at borders..think it was 45 and then i had a 40% off coupon :]. Then I bought cliffnotes practice tests for 10 and examkrackers ochem for 19 on amazon.com. Now I'm considering getting the real practice tests but that's a lot of money for 2 tests hmm
 
Paying attention in class also works.

Lol nice, but I've got that covered 🙂.

I know it's not a lucrative question, but I'm just curious as to what kind of books or other supplements (flashcards and practice tests), besides the obvious. when prepping for the PCAT.
 
Hello, this is my first thread here at SDN, as well as a chance to meet new people!

I tried using the search but couldn't find much about the topic. So how much did you buy as far for prep books? I'm looking at Kaplan and they're around $20s on paperbacks (700 pages). I'm also considering looking at my brother's Examkrackers MCAT, which he got for $100.

Are these figures right? Why is there such a huge gap between MCAT and PCAT prep books? 😱 I saw on another topic that people use MCAT books to prepare for the PCAT. Is this a good strategy?

Any response would be appreciated. Thanks!

Your brother probably has the complete Examkrackers study guide, which includes books for verbal reasoning, physics, bio, gen chem, o chem, etc.
The pcat study guides don't come in individual sections, but instead a single book like Kaplan often covers some of these sections...The examkracker books are also in color and have been printed on fine paper, thus adding to the cost. Hope this helps.