How to approach preliminary medicine programs

Started by obieards
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

obieards

thanks be to depakote
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Given that I will likely apply to advanced neurology programs I will also have to apply to preliminary medicine programs. I have no idea how to approach the latter. Do I go for the "name" or does it really matter? Should I stay local or try to move to a more livelier city? Should I just apply to the preliminary programs that are attached to advanced programs (in neurology)? Heck, do I want a small preliminary program (say, <10) or large one?

Any help on what to think about or look for regarding my internship year would be most helpful. Thanks!