How to calculate overall GPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SusanaBanana

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How exactly do you calculate your overall gpa? Is it the gpa you graduated with from a 4-year university? Because I attended like 3 different community colleges before I transfered to a 4-year school (and when you transfer your gpa starts over again) and I am currently in a post-bac program at a different school. Would I add up all the class from every school, or only the clases from 4-year schools? Thanks!
 
Thank you for posting this GPA calculator. My school counts all A's the same number, all B's the same etc. I always wondered if this was a universal thing. Thank you again.