/

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1038378

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just curious, would schools be open to rescheduling or are you done?
This happened to me because I missed the time zone difference. They said they would allow me to reschedule but will see if that holds true!

Reactions: 1 user
Great, provocative question, although I'm sure it's a pretty rare occurrence. I would be very surprised if they didn't let you reschedule, if for no other reason than to avoid the war if they chose not to. I think a better question is whether something like this could be overcome, and you could receive an A after it.

I'm sure things like this happened in prior cycles, with people oversleeping, getting lost, etc. Are there any stories of people from prior cycles being hours late, or missing an interview altogether, and still receiving an A?

Members don't see this ad :)
Great, provocative question, although I'm sure it's a pretty rare occurrence. I would be very surprised if they didn't let you reschedule, if for no other reason than to avoid the war if they chose not to. I think a better question is whether something like this could be overcome, and you could receive an A after it.

I'm sure things like this happened in prior cycles, with people oversleeping, getting lost, etc. Are there any stories of people from prior cycles being hours late, or missing an interview altogether, and still receiving an A?
I think the reaction and result of the situation (both online and in person) would depend heavily on the circumstances. Out of your control, like last minute a cancelled flight or accident or loss of electricity, would be no big deal. Missing because you’re irresponsible is another matter.

Reactions: 5 users
I think the reaction and result of the situation (both online and in person) would depend heavily on the circumstances. Out of your control, like last minute a cancelled flight or accident or loss of electricity, would be no big deal. Missing because you’re irresponsible is another matter.
Agreed, but how would they know? Again, after all the niceties, I wonder whether anyone actually had an interview mishap, whether or not it was their fault, that greatly inconvenienced the interviewers, and still got accepted. I don't mean being 15 minutes late. I'm talking about being 2 hours late, or missing the interview altogether. And I'm not talking about giving them a heads-up even a day before. I'm talking about just not showing up, and then profusely apologizing while asking for another shot.

Again, I'm reasonably sure most schools would reschedule to avoid the confrontation. What I'm wondering is whether anyone received an A after such an incident, and lived to laugh about it later, or whether such things are invariably followed by a R or WL, regardless of whether it's your fault, just because they are annoyed and have lots of other choices?

My offspring arrived on time for a scheduled interview only to be told that he should have arrived two hours earlier for a different interview group.
They fit him in. He was accepted.

• Love
Agreed, but how would they know? Again, after all the niceties, I wonder whether anyone actually had an interview mishap, whether or not it was their fault, that greatly inconvenienced the interviewers, and still got accepted. I don't mean being 15 minutes late. I'm talking about being 2 hours late, or missing the interview altogether. And I'm not talking about giving them a heads-up even a day before. I'm talking about just not showing up, and then profusely apologizing while asking for another shot.

Again, I'm reasonably sure most schools would reschedule to avoid the confrontation. What I'm wondering is whether anyone received an A after such an incident, and lived to laugh about it later, or whether such things are invariably followed by a R or WL, regardless of whether it's your fault, just because they are annoyed and have lots of other choices?
I have heard stories about students getting rejected for being one or two minutes late. You may not think adcoms are paying attention to these things, but they are. Being on time shows you care. Being on time shows that you're responsible. Being on time shows that you're a potential med student, and have the capability to succeed. Better than being on time, be early.

• Love