I got a tech job XD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

desertraichu

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It took six months but I finally got one. Anyway, just wanted to share what I learned, and that is if you're passionate and persistant enough, it can overcome the catch 22 of needing experience to get hired. Also, check out the new avatar XD
 
cool man, I didnt know you could get a job as a tech after just 6 months, grats.

oh and your pic is too small to read
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
congrats on the new job

got a question tho, do you need to do some certified training courses before you can take the PTCB test? or is it just one of those signup/showup kind of test? need to get a pharm tech registration for my state lol... stupid new laws..
 
congrats on the new job

got a question tho, do you need to do some certified training courses before you can take the PTCB test? or is it just one of those signup/showup kind of test? need to get a pharm tech registration for my state lol... stupid new laws..

Dear God, just use the search function! Every state is different, and probably what your state means by "pharm tech registration" is that you'll have to apply for a new license or something.

The PTCE is not at all related to state certification. Passing the PTCE only nationally certifies you as a CPhT.
 
actually its kinda related because if im nationally certified the i don't have to do a state certified training program with 160hrs of work to get the state registration, so i want to know if the PTCE requires a training program... would be much faster/easier that way
 
It took six months but I finally got one. Anyway, just wanted to share what I learned, and that is if you're passionate and persistant enough, it can overcome the catch 22 of needing experience to get hired. Also, check out the new avatar XD

congrats man

for some reason, when I read the title of the thread, I thought, "I bet thats desertraichu"
and it was...lol
weird
 
actually its kinda related because if im nationally certified the i don't have to do a state certified training program with 160hrs of work to get the state registration, so i want to know if the PTCE requires a training program... would be much faster/easier that way

oy just take the test. a blind monkey with one finger could pass the bloody thing now
 
thumbs up jmcfa, desertraichu is famous i guess. yeah my avatar is too small and i'm so nub at computer stuff let's try putting it my sig or something iono.

drug.jpg