deletos

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1017883

jk lol but I killed it tho

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here’s what I did for my 4+ month preparation. I took my time reviewing contents with Kaplan 7-book review, supplemented with KA videos for obscure concepts. With steady studying, you can probably finish them in 3 months. Then, I did all 10 of my Altius FL’s every weekend, which took about two months. Two months before test day, I started using my AAMC materials in the following order: Section Bank, CARS QPack 1 & 2, and AAMC FL’s. I ended up getting the average of my AAMC FL’s (131/128/130/131).
I really liked my routine because I was never in a rush and had plenty of time to drill my weak sections. Just reschedule your test day, if there’s no reason to rush.

Reactions: 2 users
Here’s what I did for my 4+ month preparation. I took my time reviewing contents with Kaplan 7-book review, supplemented with KA videos for obscure concepts. With steady studying, you can probably finish them in 3 months. Then, I did all 10 of my Altius FL’s every weekend, which took about two months. Two months before test day, I started using my AAMC materials in the following order: Section Bank, CARS QPack 1 & 2, and AAMC FL’s. I ended up getting the average of my AAMC FL’s (131/128/130/131).
I really liked my routine because I was never in a rush and had plenty of time to drill my weak sections. Just reschedule your test day, if there’s no reason to rush.

Hi, were you already strong in the CP section and BB section respectively? I'm looking for advice on studying. Setting up a schedule. I will be doing a graduate program this upcoming fall, but it includes a TPR course, so I will have access to that material and AAMC material, maybe UWorld (if I feel it necessary). my classes are essentially 2-5 pm every day first semester. I want to take my exam 2021, ideally by April but the latest will be May. Your insight would be much appreciated. Off the bat, I can say that CP and CARS are not my forte.

BRO gg on that score

@GD2000 @Premedinaspeedo you can do it too.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would do TBR with Kaplan/TPR for 2 months (doing two days worth of content review based off the TBR schedule. I would then do 6 weeks of UWorld and 3rd party practice mcat exams to identify and fill content gaps. Finally, I would do 4-6 weeks of AAMC prep with all question packs, section banks, and the 5 full length mcat exams. This words out to 8 weeks of content and 10-12 of practice passages (not including the passage practice in TBR).

Too much content review. The only resource you need for PS is 300 pg document. Altius is a solid choice, I would suggest doing all 10 exams.

Structure your day around doing:
2 or 3 Kaplan chapters or portion of 300 pg document
~50 UWorld questions based on the chapters of the PREVIOUS day to avoid recency.
Anki reviews + anki new cards for the new chapters.

On completion of content review, 1 FL a week, with UWorld and Anki reviews in between.

I seriously cannot overemphasize how much of a trap content review (including Anki) is. I got sucked into it the last time I studied, and my scores suffered due to lack of practice, where I was not comfortable taking the test that year. The MCAT is not a knowledge test, and doesn't expect you to regurgitate information. This year, I avoided that mistake and my Altius score has jumped 11-17 points because of it (and also knowing biochem, but still). We'll see how AAMC goes, but yeah.

Hi, were you already strong in the CP section and BB section respectively? I'm looking for advice on studying. Setting up a schedule. I will be doing a graduate program this upcoming fall, but it includes a TPR course, so I will have access to that material and AAMC material, maybe UWorld (if I feel it necessary). my classes are essentially 2-5 pm every day first semester. I want to take my exam 2021, ideally by April but the latest will be May. Your insight would be much appreciated. Off the bat, I can say that CP and CARS are not my forte.
Yeah, I started my CP and BB with 128, when I first took my Altius FL. But I do find them relatively easier to improve than CARS or PS, which involves more 50:50’s and a certain way of thinking to achieve a high score. I was able to study as a full-time student (First 2-3 months) and a full-time worker (last 2-3 months). If I can do it, I don’t see how you won’t be able to do it. Just be consistent with your study schedule and rest to avoid feeling burnt out.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the response. I️ appreciate it. What approach do you recommend? And if you don’t mind, how did you go about reviewing and improving upon CP? Unlike BB which is heavily memorization and facts, CP is more problem solving so finding similar questions can difficult. What do you recommend? The help would be very much welcomed! Thanks for taking the time btw!

Thanks for the response. I️ appreciate it. What approach do you recommend? And if you don’t mind, how did you go about reviewing and improving upon CP? Unlike BB which is heavily memorization and facts, CP is more problem solving so finding similar questions can difficult. What do you recommend? The help would be very much welcomed! Thanks for taking the time btw!
CP can be approved by doing a lot of practice problems. I’ve heard UWORD has good CP problems, but I found doing KA practice problems good enough before jumping into Altius FL. Also, try to drill on that one or two CP concepts that you feel uncomfortable about. In my case, whenever I saw optic problems on FL’s, I felt uneasy. If you want that 130+, you need to conquer that fear, and I did so by hammering on KA videos and Kaplan until I no longer feared it. Although there was no optics problem on the actual test, I found it psychologically beneficial to feel that there was no concept that I was afraid to face.

CP can be approved by doing a lot of practice problems. I’ve heard UWORD has good CP problems, but I found doing KA practice problems good enough before jumping into Altius FL. Also, try to drill on that one or two CP concepts that you feel uncomfortable about. In my case, whenever I saw optic problems on FL’s, I felt uneasy. If you want that 130+, you need to conquer that fear, and I did so by hammering on KA videos and Kaplan until I no longer feared it. Although there was no optics problem on the actual test, I found it psychologically beneficial to feel that there was no concept that I was afraid to face.
Thanks a lot! Really appreciate the feedback.