I made a mistake. What are the repercussions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ipressurexd

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I made a mistake today in the hospital. I was catching up a patient on their medical problems when I got a call regarding another patient needing urgent procedure. While the patient was still anxious, I had to run out and get set up. Instead of excusing myself professionally, I answered with with a comment that was unprofessional and made the patient extremely anxious. I later came back to the patients room and another physician was comforting him.

I attempted to apologize to his family and I take full responsibility for my mistake. I will apologize again to him and his family again.

What are the repercussions from a complaint where I am in the wrong? I still can't believe I let this slip.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.