if you take the DAT more than once...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Sea of ASH

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
how does that affect things? do the schools look at both of them or just the highest? do they average the scores? what do they do?
 
They do a little of everything...
Each school is different.
Some schools look at the latest, but still have access to the old one of course.
Some schools (Not sure about this one, but I heard take the highest sections from each).
And finally some average the two.

Does anyone know what CALI schools do?
 
I don't know about averaging..thats a plain loss for some (like myself). Anyways, I know that the school I had applied to last year still have my old scores. I don't know about the schools I am only applying to this year. I guess you can call and ask if you are really curious.
 
1. what if i sent the score to the schools and i never sent my application, applicaiton was never finished? do they still have access to the old score if i apply this time with my new score?