I am worried about the same thing. I also thought the PCAT was going to be easier due to my major so I didnt study as hard as I should have. I graduated in May so I am already experiencing a year of downtime. I cannot afford another year! If my score is invalidated im basically f'ed because of the application due dates (thus forcing me to turn to the Jan PCAT's). I am sorry this happened to you but I am kind of glad I have someone to talk this through with. The rare occurrence of these types of scores makes it impossible to research or talk to someone about it.
I found this
http://www.pearsonassessments.com/h...2011/Sections/PCAT-CIB-CancellationScores.pdf
Quoted:
"If the Composite scaled score and percentile rank earned on the test date in
question are 50 or more points greater than the most recent Composite scores
earned within the previous 13 months, an invalidation automatically occurs
(including the Writing scores) due to the large score gain."
I'm looking at my preliminary report right now and since the quote says Composite
and Scared Score increasing 50 points, I can only speculate. So between the two tests my composite increased 58% but my scaled score between the the two composites increased 28 points. My scaled score between all the sections are gains under 50 points. My PR for all the sections are also gains of under 50points except math which increased 67%.
Here's my breakdown:
PCAT 1 - Jul 18th
VA - (382) 18%
Bio - (424) 82%
RC - (366) 6%
QA - (387) 21%
Chem - (402) 51%
Comp - (392) 27%
PCAT 2 - Sept 24th
VA - (398) 43%
Bio - (455) 99%
RC - (379) 17%
QA - (426) 88%
Chem - (442) 95%
Comp - (420) 85%
I had two months to study, and I did so hardcore (4-5hrs per day). I am not in school like I said I graduated so I had the time and motivation to do it (deeply motivated like do or die). The Pearson lady I talked to calmed me down a little but I am scared s***less. My GPA is 3.5, I deserve the 85% more than the 27%. If you ask me the 27% should be invalidated as it is a more inaccurate interpretation of my academic skill. The only reason I got a 27% is because I didn't expect Math to go beyond Pre-calc and my major problem was timing myself through the sections. Also I only used the Kaplan book which was the biggest mistake. I left like 20+ unanswered questions in math and 5-10+ in reading and some in chemistry.