incomplete prereqs

Started by argon18
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

argon18

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am applying for Fall 2009 admission, so technically this is my last year before Pharmacy School. I am enrolled for Physiology but I won't be able to take the lab since they only offer one lab section at my school (only in the fall) and it is already closed. The lecture+Lab are required at ALL the schools I am applying. Will this jeopardize my acceptance? Anybody went thru a similar situation? Advice?
Help...
 
I am applying for Fall 2009 admission, so technically this is my last year before Pharmacy School. I am enrolled for Physiology but I won't be able to take the lab since they only offer one lab section at my school (only in the fall) and it is already closed. The lecture+Lab are required at ALL the schools I am applying. Will this jeopardize my acceptance? Anybody went thru a similar situation? Advice?
Help...


Can you try taking it at a different school ?

I am no expert but I thought acceptances were only conditional upon the completion of all the pre-reqs. I remember last year people were looking pretty hectically to finish remaining pre-reqs. Sorry I can't help more 😳, hopefully, somebody knows for sure and can put your mind at ease. 🙂
 
It probably won't jeopardize your acceptance, you just have to finish any pre-reqs before classes for pharm school starts. Try taking it at another school (during summer I guess). Otherwise, I don't know if your school has hold lists... if they do get on that list. More often than not, many people drop the class so you might have a chance to get in still.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It probably won't jeopardize your acceptance, you just have to finish any pre-reqs before classes for pharm school starts. Try taking it at another school (during summer I guess). Otherwise, I don't know if your school has hold lists... if they do get on that list. More often than not, many people drop the class so you might have a chance to get in still.


I think he has to be careful though, lots of schools, at least the ones I am applying to, require everything to be finished by spring 09.
 
I think he has to be careful though, lots of schools, at least the ones I am applying to, require everything to be finished by spring 09.

That's true... I forgot about that, one of the schools I applied to rejected me because of that (suppressed memories lol).