Indeterminate HSV Ab test?

Started by Vicoptom
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicoptom

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew what could cause an indeterminate HCV Ab serology result.

The lab said that the HCV AB was not consistently demonstrated with assays using different antigenic epitopes. Does this mean the Ab is present or it is suspected? It is unclear to me.

Thank you for your help
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well I am curious about what the theory behind it is, that's all. I dont go to the net for medical advice.

After doing a bit of research it seems like these non-specific antibodies either bind to HCV anitgens or an enzyme (forgot the name) and the latter happens normally in about 3% of the population.

Am I on the right track?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.