Information on Experimental Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

guarnaschelli

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys,

I've noticed there seems to be some confusion about what questions/passages are experimental and I thought I'd help out! This is what I know from Dr. Collins:

There are EIGHT unmarked experimental questions per subject (I am NOT positive if this includes verbal, but I would believe so).
So in order:
Verbal: 8 experimental questions
Bio: 8 experimental questions AND 1 experimental passage (not both!)
Chem: 8 experimental questions AND 1 experimental passage (not both but also were there two? I don't remember lol)
Reading: 1 experimental passage (one passage is 8 questions btw)
QA: 8 experimental questions (usually these are easy to pick out, it's anything that's calc III or is taking you too long to solve, just bubble in C!)

I don't have many tips on spotting all of them, and I can never be sure the ones I thought were experimental actually were, but it seems like they would be anything too hard or tedious. I also took a lot of practice exams twice and was pretty confident I knew what was on there, so if it was something I had never seen before I felt safe guessing.

Okay edit: I think maybe since the bio/chem passages are 4 per section, that those four might be included in the "eight" total. Not sure though, Dr. Collins made it seem like it was 8 + passage questions, but 12 seems like a lot?
 
Last edited: