Interest Rate

Started by fozzy40
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

fozzy40

Senior Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wanted to know what is the average interest rate on private medical loans. Thanks!
 
I can't say that I know the average, but there's this sight which is slightly behind the times, but whatever:
http://www.studentdoc.com/medical-school-loans.html

For me, my loans are at 6.8%, (Stafford), and have an extended loan as well around the same interest rate. Since I know I have extra and know I'll need money in the summer, I offset a tiny fraction of this by locking it up in a CD for 6 months. Sometimes it's kind of silly to have a credit card at 2.9% for life and student loans creeping up every year.

Anyway, I personally can't give you more info than that. 🙂

Caboose.