Interview timing

Started by mwinston
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mwinston

Junior Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know of strategies concerning the timing of interviews? I've started to get some requests to interview and I was wondering if it's better to go to programs early or later in January? Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks.
 
Although I have no experience in this matter, I can't imagine that scheduling interviews later will help you in any way. I would go for it as early as possible.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My interview timing strategy is practical only...

Geography: All of the interviews bunched together in the same areas during the same week.

Desire: I want to have a few practice interviews earlier in the season. This is somewhat unreasonable, because I am determined to keep an open mind. In essence, none of the places I applied are "throw-aways."

I am trying to get all of this over with as early as possible. Then I will "bug" programs as the season progresses.

Mindy