Intimate wedding

Started by KitCat
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

KitCat

DVM Candidate, Class of 2020
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was going to post this on weddingbee but thought sdn would relate better. I'm engaged and trying to get the main details decided before second year starts. 90% sure we are going to have parents/grandparents/siblings/one niece as our guests. I've worked for a one-doctor practice since 2012 (with a two year hiatus) and the manager/boss has made it clear she wants an invite. I would love to have the clinic there just like I would my closest friends and extended family but I feel like this will be the financially best and least stressful option. I don't want to burn any bridges incase there's a job opening with them when I graduate. Any way to tell them? They usually just ask if I have a date, how the planning is going etc.
 
Yep, just be upfront and honest about it. Explain that you're trying to be financially conscious and so you're just doing immediate family. If you decide to widen the net then you might want to consider inviting them, but I'd hope they'll be understanding about a family-only wedding.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I agree. Keep the wedding as you want it. Maybe you could go out for a nice lunch or dinner sometime before or after the wedding with your colleagues + new spouse to celebrate?