"Introduction" to physiology

Started by mouse rat
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mouse rat

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Several of the schools I applied to require physiology. I wanted to take it at UCLA or UCB extension, but they only offer an "Introduction" to Human Physiology. Are these introduction classes sufficient to fulfill the requirement? They are 3 semester/4 quarter unit classes. Also, does the fact that it's an online class matter? I figure it's better to take it online from a 4-year university than in a classroom at a CC. Any advice is appreciated.
 
I took Anatomy and Physiology with lab at Berkeley, so I'm not sure how their online course is structured. What I would advise you to do is get a copy of the syllabi, call the schools that require physiology and ask whether the content of the course (w/o lab) satisfies the requirement.

As an aside, taking it at a CC may not be a bad idea unless the schools requiring it don't accept CC credits.
Exactly this. Definitely call the schools and ask. Make sure you mention it is online and without lab. Have a copy of the syllabus ready if they request to see it.