Involuntarily Committed

Started by fpsgamer
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

fpsgamer

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all, I am new here. I tried a google search for this, but could not find the answer to my question. I am curious to know if I can be a pharmacist even though I have been involuntarily committed for schizophrenia. I am normal now..I just take my medication.

EDIT:

I live in the USA.
 
Hi all, I am new here. I tried a google search for this, but could not find the answer to my question. I am curious to know if I can be a pharmacist even though I have been involuntarily committed for schizophrenia. I am normal now..I just take my medication.

EDIT:

I live in the USA.

Obviously it will vary from state to state but most health care licensure agencies in general will not grant to someone with a documented SPMI (serious and persistent mental illness). The reason it is documented is because the involuntary commitment. If it would have been voluntary, you could do a simple petition to seal your medical records which is usually granted.

To know for sure, SPMI is what you need to check is/is not on the list of exclusionary factors. Check with the agency that you are interested in being licensed under and good luck.