Is a Post Bacc for Me?

Started by g5chand
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

g5chand

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a 3.71 GPA, 3.61 science, great ECs, great LORs... But a 24O MCAT (10BS, 7VR, 7PS). This is my second MCAT score, the first was a lousy 21O. I am not sure what a good back-up plan would be if I do not get in. Is a post-bacc program for me? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
 
You don't need a post-bac. Your GPA and presumably, your ECs, are really good.

It's your MCAT that needs improvement.


Good luck.
 
You don't need a post-bac. Your GPA and presumably, your ECs, are really good.

It's your MCAT that needs improvement.


Good luck.

I agree 100% if you have already taken your Pre-Req's. Your GPA is where it needs to be for med school acceptance. You would be much better off using your money on an MCAT prep course and taking 2-3 solid months studying for it.

A post-bac is made for people with lower GPA's or who have not taken all of their pre-req's. It doesn't seem you fit into either of those categories.

You are clearly smart enough to do better are on the MCAT. My third MCAT had a large jump, so it can be done. Good luck 👍
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yea bring it up 2 points and apply to every DO school in the country....
 
I graduated in 2007 with udergrad gpa 2.5. I know that is very low. I have already taken all my pre-med science courses.

I am interested in applying to a SMP..........I am currently working at a top medical school in research. I will be published on a few papers by the time I leave here. I also am taking upper level science courses to show i can handle the graduate work. I also am volunteering with a doctor.

What are my chances of getting into a good SMP program ...georgetown

do you have any advice for me if I should re-take all my pre-med courses?