Is IM more limiting than FM if you are not looking to subspecialize

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PotGoblinsales10

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Lets say you want to be a generalist.

As an IM you can do adult primary care or adult hospitalist

As FM: you can do adult and pediatric primary care, adult and pediatric hospitalist, urgent care, some ER.

I do think I am oversimplifying things, but let me know the best path for someone who is a generalist.

Also, as a hospitalist: does FM know the amount and extent of medicine IM knows? As an example: Emergency Medicine wouldnt go into the details of IM.
 
Lets say you want to be a generalist.

As an IM you can do adult primary care or adult hospitalist

As FM: you can do adult and pediatric primary care, adult and pediatric hospitalist, urgent care, some ER.

I do think I am oversimplifying things, but let me know the best path for someone who is a generalist.

Also, as a hospitalist: does FM know the amount and extent of medicine IM knows? As an example: Emergency Medicine wouldnt go into the details of IM.
Closing as this is a duplicate post.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.