You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Is it impossible to get a 44 or 45 on the MCAT?
Started by Hemichordate
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted74029
Yes its possible, but I don't know the last time it happened.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1
154465
My MCAT instructor had a 44. he tolf us that no one has ever had a 45 and that a 44 is considered an honorary 45. he has taught the class for many years so he seems to know whats up.
I've heard there has been a few 45s. It is a rare occurrence. Even if it were to happen, you'd never really know since they cut off the percentages above that point. There is at least one person on these boards that got a 43. I've heard they personally notify you at a certain level. I think she said that in her case it was her and 1 or 2 others out of the entire country. A 43 is literally missing 2 questions on the entire exam out of 150 or so questions. That is beyond ridiculous. Hell, I misread 4 or 5 questions on every practice I took.
HumidBeing
In Memory of Riley Jane
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
We have a few 43 scores around here. The top scores used to be listed as a range, like 43-45, instead of a single number.
Chuck Norris got a 50 on the MCAT.
Rajnikanth got a 100. POOONEEEDDD.
FYI: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OX6aqKAfAW0
A score above 36 has diminishing returns.
After a certain point its just luck.
I know people who have gotten 15s on individual sections, and the sections are graded independently, so yes, it should be possible.
D
deleted74029
45 and a 4.00 and no acceptances? I doubt it...
Of course it's possible, I'm going to 45 it when I take the MCAT later this summer; afterwards, I'm going to have a "Happy 45!" party for myself. It's going to be awesome. You're all invited.
8
87138
45 and a 4.00 and no acceptances? I doubt it...
Not that I'm necessarily saying it's a legit profile, but it appears he applied at the very last minute. Sure, you'd still expect him to get some acceptances, but maybe a last minute app combined with poor interviewing skills put the kibosh on his plans.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
45 and a 4.00 and no acceptances? I doubt it...
Why? Look at where he applied. A lot of top schools which showed him no love. His ECs were not extraordinary.
A lot of lower ranked schools that rejected him assuming he wouldn't actually attend. Seems legit to me... it happens. Also he submitted his primary Sept 21st... he's lucky to have even gotten interviews. Maybe, the 45 was a novelty, and that's actually what landed him interviews? Who knows.
I'm a teaching fellow in chemistry at Harvard, as well as a licensed EMT with two years of hospital experience. Since college I've also been a refugee care volunteer, a religious education teacher, a genealogical researcher, and a software developer.
**** if that ranks as "not extraordinary" then my ECs must rank as "not worth the use of paper to print them on"
**** if that ranks as "not extraordinary" then my ECs must rank as "not worth the use of paper to print them on"
But he's a nontrad, so he's arguably had time to do lots of things. If that's his entire EC profile, then it sounds like he did nothing in college (except perhaps EMT, if he did that back in the day). Also, he says that his "application could not be any better"--maybe some cockiness shined through at interviews?
print screen or it didnt happen.I guy in my school got a forty five. At first I did not believe it, but then my pre-med advisor confirmed it. I asked the guy how he got a forty five and he simply said "I just did not get any wrong." He is going to Yale this fall.
The answer is 42.
What was the question?
If you don't trust your pre-med advisor who would you trust. This is not the type of guy that would go around with a piece of paper. I am not saying I have proof he got a 45, but I believe it and that is why I posted it.print screen or it didnt happen.
lol I must not trust anyone then...cause hes given out some crappppy advice...If you don't trust your pre-med advisor who would you trust. This is not the type of guy that would go around with a piece of paper. I am not saying I have proof he got a 45, but I believe it and that is why I posted it.
The answer is 42.
I know the answerWhat was the question?
But I'm asking you the question
Can someone please explain
The reason for this strange behavior
Sorry. I was having a Duran Duran experience.
I know the answer
But I'm asking you the question
Can someone please explain
The reason for this strange behavior
Sorry. I was having a Duran Duran experience.
After much lurking, I have decided that I love you. Let us marry. IN CALIFORNIA DUH
Phenomalove I love you more than you'll ever know. Or want to know. Or may get a restraining order for.After much lurking, I have decided that I love you. Let us marry. IN CALIFORNIA DUH
Phenomalove I love you more than you'll ever know. Or want to know. Or may get a restraining order for.
Yessss.
My title is so wonderfully fitting right now. ME 1 WORLD 0
You know what I really like? Your sig. It makes me lol everytime.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A score above 36 has diminishing returns.
Smartest words in the thread.
supar excellent would u lyke a slice of my bananacakez it is tastey yes yes oh yes
oh yes
Something else I love (ADD THIS TO THE VOWS) is YOUR title because I am forealforeal guzzling some haterade on some of these muthassssssszszszszszszsz. Or something.
oh yes
Something else I love (ADD THIS TO THE VOWS) is YOUR title because I am forealforeal guzzling some haterade on some of these muthassssssszszszszszszsz. Or something.
What was the question?
Aha. Now that is the question.
Dis is crazy. Unless aamc is lying, nobody has gotten over a 42 in the last 5 years (03-07) of testing.
45? Break three separate curves on the same test and can be the big winner!
45? Break three separate curves on the same test and can be the big winner!