is this a good plan?

Started by 343533
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

3

343533

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a current high school senior. My gpa is a 3.64. I have taken honor classes and two AP. i am taking AP/NJIT chemistry and AP/Saint Peter's english literature.
it means I can buy the credits from the respective colleges. which I have done.
It looks like i'll get a good grade in both classes.

I plan on applying to Rutgers New Brunswick and Newark and NJIT. My number 1 is new brunswick rutgers. I want to major in chemistry and then apply to a pharmacy school, probably one in NY or PA and after 4 years, I'll come out a pharmacist, so a total of 8 years.

If I major in chemistry, will it be somewhat easy to get all the prequisites to fit into my schedule so I can get my bachelors in chemistry and have the necessary classes done?

will it be a big stray from the recommended path for a bachelors in chemistry?
 
firstly, I enjoy chemistry.
secondly, what if pharmacy school doesn't work out for me?
a bachelor's degree would at least leave me with something..also, it will increase my chances of getting into a pharmacy school.
 
I recently graduated with a BS in Chemistry. My initial intention were to go to Med school (which I'm still working on) so going to a four year college was a good thing. However, at the end of my junior year I really wanted to try pharmacy. So I loaded my schedule with upper level Chem courses with pharmacy perquisites. Which affected my grades a bit and also very hard for sure. You know if you love chemistry it is very possible but this are the few things to look into. I would recommend applying to a University that has 0-6 pharmacy program or a school that has a COP (I think the schools u listed qualify). This way you can have the best of both world. Trust me!! Also a BS cost more money b/c of the 8+ year in college. I hope this helped. 😎