Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
"Schedule" is a relative term. With a 4.0, you obviously have the ability to do well in your classes with your current course load, activities, and social life. Going 18 hours and doing well means you should consider cutting some things or backing off of other commitments. Even in pre-pandemic times, students need time for your own wellness and balance, and too many have tried to take on so much and had something unexpected that would upset the plan. What do you need to do to achieve your goals, not just for next semester but beyond for a strong application and preparation for a career?Hello, everyone.
I've been on here for over a year now but this will be my first time posting, sorry if I mess anything up as it is not my intention to do so.
I am currently a sophomore pre-med at a liberal arts university in Ohio who is majoring in biochemistry. I just met with my advisor for registration next semester, and he is recommending me to take 18 total credit hours with the following schedule:
Physics II w/ lab (4 credits)
O chem II w/lab (4 credits)
Analytical chem w/ lab (4 credits)
Class for Minor (either spanish or history) (4 credits)
MED class (1 credit)
research (1 credit)
At my school, all regular classes are worth 4 credits and labs are attached and worth 0 credits. Also, if you join a professor's research lab, you have to register for the 1 credit "research" class every semester so they can tack on a lab fee. 12 credits is considered full-time and more than 20 credits costs a loads more money. Does this schedule seem doable to you all here? Looking at it now, I think it might be too difficult to handle all at once, but if I am just lacking confidence in myself, please feel free to let me know.
I have a 4.0 so far and have taken chem I and II, bio I and II, calc I and II, stats, A/P I and II, among other classes. I'm also taking ochem I and physics I right now as my math/science classes. Furthermore, I volunteer with Meals on Wheels once a week and work at an ophthalmology clinic once a week for about five hours, as well.
Sorry for another 'does my schedule look okay?' post, but I honestly have no idea if I am setting myself up for disappointment next semester. I appreciate you all for taking the time to give me some much needed advice!