Jan 19th PCAT

Started by Mandu08
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

M

Mandu08

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone,

+pad+

Anyone here taking the Jan 08 PCAT?
how prepared are you?
anyone in the atlanta, ga. area?site registered?
 
How are you feeling about it? confident?...I seem to be a nervous fool....I cant sleep and yet i' not tired...huh ...go figure.....how many hrs per day are u investing ?
 
how prepared are you?
I don't feel prepared. I don't know why times've gone by so quick. 9 days left.
I will just review Chem and Bio. I've given up on Math and Reading now...
anyone in the atlanta, ga. area?site registered?
Atlanta-- GA state U.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm registered as well. I'm pretty scared. I wish that I didn't have to juggle orgo II and genetics in my school schedule currently.🙁
 
how prepared are you?
I don't feel prepared. I don't know why times've gone by so quick. 9 days left.
I will just review Chem and Bio. I've given up on Math and Reading now...
anyone in the atlanta, ga. area?site registered?
Atlanta-- GA state U.

+pity+
actually, I'm currently reviewing chem. Yah, I'm aiming to just ace chem, bio, and math...and avg the other sections in ! Others in this forum claimed to have guessed on the verbal section and get 80 and above percentiles and so, I've joined in on it ...:laugh:
Overall, I'm not confident but I need to get this over with. Are you applying for fall 2008 ? 👎
also, I'll be taking it at the GPC center.
 
I'm registered as well. I'm pretty scared. I wish that I didn't have to juggle orgo II and genetics in my school schedule currently.🙁

Oh boy :idea:,

well, i'm sure whatever you cover in those classes will help you somehow!...But try and make the sacrifice...its just 9 days remaining !...we can all do it by trying our best :hardy:
 
How are you feeling about it? confident?...I seem to be a nervous fool....I cant sleep and yet i' not tired...huh ...go figure.....how many hrs per day are u investing ?


seem to be getting nervous now as the date is getting closer...cuz i havent studied as much as i should have...and regret it alot....and yet for some reason i can sleep..lol...and tend to sleep like 11-12 hours each night...idk y its not going through my head...but right now im focusing on math, which isnt bad...then gonna do chem...bio im not too worried bout....i already took it once ..in october.
 
seem to be getting nervous now as the date is getting closer...cuz i havent studied as much as i should have...and regret it alot....and yet for some reason i can sleep..lol...and tend to sleep like 11-12 hours each night...idk y its not going through my head...but right now im focusing on math, which isnt bad...then gonna do chem...bio im not too worried bout....i already took it once ..in october.


Hey,

atleast you have the experience !...and i'm sure you got all the jitters out of your system after the first PCAT exam.
So, how was the chem and math sections ?

tanx :corny:
 
yeah i guess u can say that...i was nervous as anything...i mean i still am for this one but not as much as the 1st time i took it..i brought along my kaplan book in the car to read on the way..lol...thats how nervous i was...well i guess i would say that cuz i didnt study at all...evrything i did was 1 day before....

the math section i didnt have time to finish...and people i knew didnt have enough time either as well as other ppl i didnt know...if only we can use calculators..lol..

chem wasnt too bad.. if only i looked into it more...i would of been good.


good luck on your pcats by the way!
 
Hey everyone,

+pad+

Anyone here taking the Jan 08 PCAT?
how prepared are you?
anyone in the atlanta, ga. area?site registered?
im signed up for it too, but not in your area.
i dont feel like im ready cuz my winter classes have started last monday and im not able to review anything for the pcat right now, but i've gone thru the stuff once.
now i just feel like its all gone out of my brain cuz i've started studyinig for my classes so i dont fall behind.
 
I'm taking the Jan '08 PCAT and applying for the Fall '08 year but this is my second time taking the PCAT. I am still super nervous and feel slightly unprepared. :scared:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone,

+pad+

Anyone here taking the Jan 08 PCAT?
how prepared are you?
anyone in the atlanta, ga. area?site registered?

Hey.. Mandu... Do you think the PCAT gonna be canceled tomorrow due to snow.. I heard it will snow tomorrow... 6 inches... Hope it got canceled so I would have time to study..
 
Hey.. Mandu... Do you think the PCAT gonna be canceled tomorrow due to snow.. I heard it will snow tomorrow... 6 inches... Hope it got canceled so I would have time to study..

hopefully they do cancel it, however i believe the snow wont stick and its going to be real nasty outside. It's posted on the web that if cancelled, the examination will resume within 3 days. So, that makes it monday or tue which i think is torture to have to stress over it for another 2 days. :d

So, how productive was ur studies ?

http://www.wunderground.com/US/GA/Atlanta.html
Rain and snow in the morning...then rain likely in the afternoon. No snow accumulation. Highs in the upper 30s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation 80 percent.
 
So, how productive was ur studies ?

Not productive at all for the last 2 weeks. I went for vacation & interview in LA for 4 days and didn't study much.... now first 2 week of classes, I am busy driving to classes and doing assignment..... I studying NOTHING for the last 4-5 days.,,, I will be happy if I can improve my score to at least 70%....
 
*Everyone who is taking the Jan. 19th pcat, are you applying for Fall 08 or Fall 09 addmission?

Applying for Fall 08 to UT Austin... Does anyone else think that the PCAT today was really, really hard? I feel like I guessed so many questions, there's just not enough time to answer all the chem and math questions, if it looked like it would take me over 2 min to answer a question... forget it! Even if I knew I could eventually work it out... I would guess and move on. And the essay questions? WTF! I had political questions... for both! I mean, come on! I know we got the presidentials coming up, but really, I'm not that into politics...

I am so depressed. Am I the only one feeling this way right now? 🙁
 
🙁
I'm taking the Jan '08 PCAT and applying for the Fall '08 year but this is my second time taking the PCAT. I am still super nervous and feel slightly unprepared. :scared:

RxHopeful...

So how you think you did???

Me, it's hard to tell, given that it depends on how well (or bad 😱) I did compared to everyone else... But I answered all the questions and wrote two full essays (missing a conclusion on the first one though 🙁). **sigh** what more can you do? Don't know how I'm going to wait 6 weeks to know how I did...
 
I took the test today and thought it was really really hard. I think the PCAT is comparably to the MCAT. Gosh, all those calculus questions. What's the point testing calculus? The questions were too wordy and unnecessary.

Is the PCAT curved at all? Is your score relative to everyone else who took it or is it your raw school?

I would hate to have to take it again b/c it was the worst 4 hours of my life in a really long time.
 
I took the test today and thought it was really really hard. I think the PCAT is comparably to the MCAT. Gosh, all those calculus questions. What's the point testing calculus? The questions were too wordy and unnecessary.

Is the PCAT curved at all? Is your score relative to everyone else who took it or is it your raw school?

I would hate to have to take it again b/c it was the worst 4 hours of my life in a really long time.


It's relative to everyone who took it. So if everyone bombed it, then you shouldn't worry too much.
 
no, the pcat is nothing like the mcat. the pcat is a breeze compared to the mcat actually. everyone seems to be saying that the jan 19th pcat was very hard and most people think they didnt do good (from whom i talked to/seen on these boards) so hopefully our scores will curve out nicely.
 
no, the pcat is nothing like the mcat. the pcat is a breeze compared to the mcat actually. everyone seems to be saying that the jan 19th pcat was very hard and most people think they didnt do good (from whom i talked to/seen on these boards) so hopefully our scores will curve out nicely.

PCAT questions are not like the MCAT questions, but the material covered on the PCAT is comparable to MCAT material. The PCAT questions the same material in a less severe format. Yesterday's bio section was more about eliminating the incorrect response and less about regurgitating memorized facts; there was a mixture of both knowing straight facts and process elimination.
 
I took the test today and thought it was really really hard. I think the PCAT is comparably to the MCAT. Gosh, all those calculus questions. What's the point testing calculus? The questions were too wordy and unnecessary.

Is the PCAT curved at all? Is your score relative to everyone else who took it or is it your raw school?

I would hate to have to take it again b/c it was the worst 4 hours of my life in a really long time.

Yeah I noticed there was a lot of calc questions but I thought they were the easier ones... well most, not all. Most were simple calc I thought but maybe that was just my test. Overall I didn't think the math section was too bad, though I still had to guess a few cause it'd take too long to work them out...
 
I agree, the exam was harder than I expected. The bio section especially threw me off. I was expecting straight forward questions similar to the practice tests i've taken. oh well, gotta wait 6 weeks for the results so i guess it's better not to think about it...
 
Is there anyone who can tell me what the word "advertenly" is equivalent to ?(and the choices).
I chose suggestively, which may sound weird.😕
 
Is there anyone who can tell me what the word "advertenly" is equivalent to ?(and the choices).
I chose suggestively, which may sound weird.😕

The dictionary definition for "advertently" is "attentive, mindful, regarding,etc".
The word was defined by its context within that sentence.