Jan. 22, 2005 PCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

skyblue2302

New Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just took the Jan. 22nd PCAT and I hated it... I prepared for the PCAT off of the Peterson's PCAT Success 2005 edition and when I took their practice test, I did pretty well. Tho, after taking the actual PCAT, I def. don't think I did well... math was tough and i probably had about a min. or two before we had to stop.. and chemistry was really bad.. i'd be lucky if i got any of those right.. and plus, i had about 10 questions to go in a matter of less than 5 mins! OUCH! n-e-ways, if someone has any ADVICE for me or has n-e-words of ENCOURAGEMENT please let me know... also, what is meant by a 50% composite score? And, yes, I did have an essay on Peer Pressure but I don't know how much that is factored into our score..
 
Retake the exam if you are applying next year. That is what I am doing. I know I did not as well as I like. So I am going to work my butt of to get a good score. Ask you schools if they take the highest composite scores.
 
Where are you applying? What is your GPA? It all depends on where you want to go. I am applying to California school where they don't require it, but i'm taking it anyways to boost my application or chances of getting an interview.

next test is on june 25. study hard. get a kaplans review guide, study everyday, know concepts. eat and breathe pcat for the next coming months. then take the barron's practice tests like everyone suggests. even consider, pcat professor. remember you can do it

🙂
 
I like blueclassring's advice. Put this test behind you, and now that you have an idea of what's on the PCAT, consider applying and focusing in on the test on June 25 -- but only if your score on this PCAT isn't satisfactory.

Here's hoping a lot of us are pleasantly surprised when scores roll in this Spring... 👍