JC vs. 4 year for repeat classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Randomwerks

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I graduated this May. Im taking two years off and so don't plan on applying to PharmD programs till next year. I have a pretty low gpa (3.105) and a C and C+ respectively in the two organic chem courses I took. I want to retake them and I was wondering if it made any difference whether I took them at a JC or 4 year college. I also only plan to retake the second course, as that is the harder one that builds on the first. Is that ok?
 
I have a lower GPA also and am re-taking Organic at a CC after taking it at a 4 yr college and getting my degree...In my opinion, do it at a CC it is much cheaper and it covers the exact same material. The only difference would be in possibly the lab and abilites to use GC/MS, other more advanced technologies...

I graduated this May. Im taking two years off and so don't plan on applying to PharmD programs till next year. I have a pretty low gpa (3.105) and a C and C+ respectively in the two organic chem courses I took. I want to retake them and I was wondering if it made any difference whether I took them at a JC or 4 year college. I also only plan to retake the second course, as that is the harder one that builds on the first. Is that ok?