Job before postbac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

skittlesmd

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

I'm a nontraditional student -- I graduated from undergrad about three years ago, just finished my masters in an unrelated subject -- and realized that I really want to go to med school. I'm lucky not to be in any debt (though I will be once I graduate med school), but I have until May at earliest before I enter any post bac program. I have a few questions -- is it worth it to get a job in the field I studied, which might pay more, until May, or to try to find something in a field related to medicine? Is it better to apply to post bac programs this round, or wait until next year?

All the best.