Job Link

Started by LADoc00
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

LADoc00

Gen X, the last great generation
Removed
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interesting, recent perspective:
http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/jobadvice.html

I am a pathologist living in the Houston, TX area. I have experienced a problem that probably many pathologists has faced over the past few years--finding work. With all the corporate takeovers, downsizings, layoffs -- ( I hear Tenet Healthcare ( HMO) is getting out of the business of healthcare, I hear the CEO of Ameripath recently resigned/retired over failing second quarter profits, and I have a friend in practice in Oklahoma that is seriously considering leaving a practice despite aggressive use of fine needle aspirations in his practice),

-->following pharmaceutical companies, occasionally can use skills of either anatomic or clinical pathology in many settings: www.merck.com, www.wyeth.com, www.novartis.com, www.genetech.com (or www.gene.com). As far as remuneration, most will pay at least USD 100,000 per year plus perks and benefits, most have No night call, No weekend work, and No liability hassles. As such it is worthy of consideration.

OUCH. King of Pain.
 
Interesting, recent perspective:
http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/jobadvice.html



-->following pharmaceutical companies, occasionally can use skills of either anatomic or clinical pathology in many settings: www.merck.com, www.wyeth.com, www.novartis.com, www.genetech.com (or www.gene.com). As far as remuneration, most will pay at least USD 100,000 per year plus perks and benefits, most have No night call, No weekend work, and No liability hassles. As such it is worthy of consideration.

OUCH. King of Pain.

Looks like this was posted in 2004. Are things getting even worse?