Job v. School/Grades

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

AC3_PharmD

EM Clinical Pharmacist
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all!

I'm going to be attending Pharmacy School in the Fall and we've been highly advised not to get a job due to the new curriculum and how strenuous it's going to be. As someone who has NEVER gone without a steady source of income (I worked all through high school, had 2 jobs in undergrad and have 2 jobs currently) this is uncharted territory.

My mom's pretty set on me making good grades so that I can get scholarships the next year and she thinks a job will get in the way of that. The pharmacies I'm looking at though say they understand we're changing the curriculum so they're willing to be flexible.

I guess...I'm just on the fence. Experience or grades??
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad