July PCAT Question.

Started by iisolja
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

iisolja

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those who have taken the PCAT this month, if you used Dr.Collins was it beneficial and/or worth the money?
Dr.Collins is really my main study material, and I'm wondering should I consider more material for the PCAT in September?
As well, was the biochemistry portion seem too changeling or moderate?

Thanks!
 
For those who have taken the PCAT this month, if you used Dr.Collins was it beneficial and/or worth the money?
Dr.Collins is really my main study material, and I'm wondering should I consider more material for the PCAT in September?
As well, was the biochemistry portion seem too changeling or moderate?

Thanks!

I used the 2010 collins packets and did every single practice test in there. I also supplemented the collins with a Kaplan 2011-2012 book, I scored a 96 percentile overall with 3 99s in bio, quant, and chem but did poorly on verb and RC 52 and 41 I think, english was never a strong subject for me. If you are wondering, I took the July 18th PCAT few days ago.
 
For those who have taken the PCAT this month, if you used Dr.Collins was it beneficial and/or worth the money?
Dr.Collins is really my main study material, and I'm wondering should I consider more material for the PCAT in September?
As well, was the biochemistry portion seem too changeling or moderate?

Thanks!
i also just use Dr. Collins practice tests. I did 91, 96,97 in bio, QA, and chem. Reading and Verbal are too ashamed to mention and it is not something i can improve in short time though. If English is your native language then you're pretty set for these two tests. If English is your second language just like me then good luck :laugh:. I did fell asleep while doing the reading though 😴.
Anyway, it worth the money so go ahead and buy it as soon as you can cuz you don't have much time to study. In my opinion, you should start the review three months before the test at least to have enough time working throughout all the materials 👍
 
Thanks so much guys for your advice and information.
I have had Dr.Collins since late May/Early June. And I have been studying ever since.
These last two months I' m going to hit it hard, and apparently hoping to bank on scores like you guys have.

Again thanks,